City-building strategy game in development - Ostriv

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
yevheniy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

City-building strategy game in development - Ostriv

Post by yevheniy »

Hey there! My name is Yevheniy and I am developing a city-building game named Ostriv, in which you build and manage cities in late pre-industrial era. The events take place on a fictional island, where the player despite all troubles has to build a prospering state.
The gameplay is somewhat similar to classical city-building games: you plan the buildings placement and fulfill the needs of constantly growing town, make decisions about agriculture, production an trade. Although Ostriv has some unique features to stand out from the genre (sure it has):

– detailed economic simulation and human behavior
There's a strong emphasis on interaction with your citizens. People in game act like people: they have their own motivation, needs and skills. Citizens will take jobs only if they are satisfied with them (or they are desperate). They can sell goods and services to each other on the local market. Wealthy citizens could start their own business in your town and hire other people. You will need to influence your city by means of setting prices, taxes and various policies. Each decision will certainly lead to some reaction of the society.

- trade
You can conduct negotiations with other cities to conclude the most profitable trade agreement. Explore nearby cities by sending messengers to find more import and export possibilities.

– transport
For more effective resource transportation inside the town or for outer trade you will need vehicles. Wagons, fishing boats and wheelbarrows could be built by a local carpenter or to be bought from outside.
The breeding of draft horses and oxen is also required to move resources as well as for cultivation of fields.

– unrestricted building placement
There’s no any kind of grid or angle restriction for placing buildings. Any building could be placed on any angle. Building on slopes is also available.

– roads modeling
Dirt roads are formed in a natural way at places, where people move the most. You can build paved roads for more comfort and better aesthetics, but they’ll be used only in case of reasonable placement.

– dynamic seasons change

– a unique visual style inspired by Ukrainian architecture and way of life

Official website: http://ostrivgame.com/

If you like my game, give it a like on Facebook and follow it on Twitter. Also give it a vote on Steam concepts! Thanks!

Looking forward to hear from you!
Last edited by daniel34 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed links for spam reasons

yevheniy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: City-building strategy game in development - Ostriv

Post by yevheniy »

A year is coming to the end so I decided to review all the years of the development.
See the full article at: http://ostrivgame.com/three-years-summary/

yevheniy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by yevheniy »

Ostriv development news: Advanced farming and customizable buildings
Talking about some new gameplay decisions and new features added to the game in last couple of weeks

yevheniy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by yevheniy »

MrNardKing
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MrNardKing »

Nice game :D I'll take a look. Hope it's mac compatible?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Pollution smells great

Return to “Off topic”