[USA] Ahhh, Voting time. Who did you vote for, and why?

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[USA] Ahhh, Voting time. Who did you vote for, and why?

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

B4 you post:
1: NO FIRESTORMS/HEATED DEBATES!!! None of that is allowed here! This is a safe space, you're opinion matters, but don't be a jerk.
2: If you want to start a argument, please base it off of proven facts (I.E: Clinton lied about Benghazi (PROVEN), Trump wants to build a wall (PROVEN)).
3: If you voted for a candidate that has < 1% of the total vote, don't make a huge rant about how they're losing. They arn't very popular for a reason.
4: Please be nice in general.

If any reply/comment violates any of these rules, that reply/comment WILL be removed. NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [USA] Ahhh, Voting time. Who did you vote for, and why?

Post by kovarex »

I'm not from USA, but If I would be there, I would vote for Gary Johnson.

GlacierStorm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GlacierStorm »

First of all, let me start by saying, none of the candidates were perfect in my opinion. So, I voted for Hillary and here is why... I have never really been a republican or democrat, I was always kinda in between and at election time, I had to choose who I liked more, Trump or Clinton. It was a pretty easy choice for me, I chose Hillary just because Trump hasn't had much experience. Hillary has been in politics for a LONG time and also in my opinion Trump is kinda racist. :? So that's who I voted for and why. Also, nothing against Trump supporters, I understand why you voted for him and also most of my friends voted for him.

Matthias_Wlkp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Matthias_Wlkp »

kovarex wrote:I'm not from USA, but If I would be there, I would vote for Gary Johnson.
+1

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Matthias_Wlkp wrote:
kovarex wrote:I'm not from USA, but If I would be there, I would vote for Gary Johnson.
+1
+1 for a third candidate, but I'd probably have voted for Jill Stein (Greens), only if she were not available in that state then Gary Johnson (Libertarian). I think that none of the two main candidates (Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton) are worth voting for and the more people voting against them the better.

Voting for a 3rd party might seem like a lost vote (as only Trump/Clinton have a real chance to win) but it increases the importance of 3rd partys a little bit and over time (10's of years in the future) it might lead to 3rd party candidates having actual chances.

Also, I could proudly tell my children one day that I neither supported Trump nor Clinton as both only acted according to their own agenda.

Disclaimer: Not a US resident, didn't vote in that election.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Off topic”