How did you discover Factorio?

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How did you discover Factorio?

Post by Impatient »

I dont know exactly anymore. According to steam it was 2016. I remember going to the steam store page after I got knowledge about it. There I saw that it was reviewed "overwhelmingly positive", I liked its trailer, I noticed that it is one of those rare games where users start to mark their positive reviews as negative just to mess with the readers (only ever noticed that with HL2, LFD2 and Factorio and imo it is an indicator for that the playerbase loves the game) and I read a review saying "Calling this early access is like saying the Mona Lisa isn't quite finished. 10/10" ( https://steamcommunity.com/app/427520/r ... lter=funny )

I had to laugh hard and bought it.

SupBor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SupBor »

I bumped into a vid on youtube. It was a video review on indie games where Factorio was mentioned

Deus_Machina
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Deus_Machina »

CGP Grey mentioned it in one of his Q&A

JacobClark86
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JacobClark86 »

I found it in steam
Also my friend talked about Factorio a lot and when I saw it I decided to play

Cudlay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cudlay »

It is simple - a friend of mine who is a massive fan of Factorio recommended the game to me! And I am really greatful to him for that! :D

ytsejam
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ytsejam »

Here

At the time I was like "nah... not for me". It would take over a year and a bunch of overwhelming positive reviews on Steam to convince me to buy it.

Btw, Mack never came back to the game for an update like he promised at the end of the video :)

imcute
Inserter
Inserter

Post by imcute »

AnarchyOfAngels wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:03 am
I often think of this because I discovered factorio only be over hearing its name by some kids, it makes me think that I almost missed out on something great.
Searching Factori(another game)
then finding a lot of annoying factorio results
then geting eaten by biters

Pitch31
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pitch31 »

I'm addicted by games from my childhood. Now I'm working for [Moderated by Koub : advertisement]. And sometimes on very high ranks queue time to find a match is very long about 20-40 mins, so I was need to find a game to play while waiting. And my friend told me about Factorio. He spent more than 1000 hours to play this game, haha thats crazy. He is working as sysadmin and playing factorio almost half time. So this is my story about factorio :D

rektb16
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rektb16 »

I came across a random youtube video in late 2018 / early 2019, the latest version was 0.16. At that time I had pirated it; after falling into the addiction and launching my first rocket 0.17 came out. I was completely amazed by the amount of changes the dev had implemented and decided that they completely deserve my money, and finally purchased the game.

It's 2022 and I have 600 hours on Steam, gifted the game to some friends and a couple of them became addicts like me :D

Astrolink127
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Astrolink127 »

The YouTuber DoshDoshington when his sushi belt base showed up on my recommended page

Return to “Off topic”