Need some answers

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
Orphauneus
Inserter
Inserter

Need some answers

Post by Orphauneus »

So, I was thinking, and I decided that some kind of omnipotent being has to reside on these forms to appreciate Factorio. Coming to the realization that I have the ability to contact an omnipotent being I decided I need answers to some very important existential questions.

1.) What is my greater purpose? How should I live my life?

2.) Is there a higher being? I am agnostic and I believe that anything could be true and as a human race we have no way of knowing a higher being exists. What should my religious stance be?

3.) How did the universe begin? I don't believe nothing can come out of a void everything has a beginning but that means void has to have a beginning but void is void so there is no beginning or end to it. How did everything begin?

4.) Aren't we all technically the same age? If matter cannot be created nor destroyed we have all existed for the same amount of time. It's just that in this form of matter we are conscience, Right?

5.) What happens after I die?

6.) Who am I (essentially)? What is my true nature/essence? What is my true identity?

7.) What's the purpose of the universe's existence? Why does anything exist?

So if any of you have supreme knowledge please give me some answers

~Thank you
I'm the kind of guy that gets lost shopping looking for milk (I'm saying i'm dumb...)

joseailton
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Need some answers

Post by joseailton »

Easy

1.) What is my greater purpose? How should I live my life?
A.: Live your life to find that out.

2.) Is there a higher being? I am agnostic and I believe that anything could be true and as a human race we have no way of knowing a higher being exists. What should my religious stance be?
A.: A belief that cannot be verified is personal, so I am not the one who's gonna tell you what to believe.

3.) How did the universe begin? I don't believe nothing can come out of a void everything has a beginning but that means void has to have a beginning but void is void so there is no beginning or end to it. How did everything begin?
A.: Time itself did not exist before the beginning, so the concept of beginning not necessary apply. It was the creation of time, that's all.

4.) Aren't we all technically the same age? If matter cannot be created nor destroyed we have all existed for the same amount of time. It's just that in this form of matter we are conscience, Right?
A.: Your age is just the amount of time that your consciousness have been around. Science is even trying to explain conscience itself, and if all consciousness are interconnected. But that's another story.

5.) What happens after I die?
A.: You no long matters (Louis CK).

6.) Who am I (essentially)? What is my true nature/essence? What is my true identity?
A.: You essence is your spiritual name. Everything you are is you spiritual definition. There's no word for it. YOU are the answer.

7.) What's the purpose of the universe's existence? Why does anything exist?
A.: Because they do. It's like asking yourself why does a beautiful game like Factorio exists? Because it does. Enjoy its existence and play it :D

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

joseailton
Inserter
Inserter

Post by joseailton »

steinio wrote:42
LOL the number 42 theory... When I find a way to put factorio away I'll check that out.

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

joseailton wrote: When I find a way to put factorio away
Yeah, good luck with that..

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

1. To build a rocket. And another one, and to expand a factory after that.

2. Religion shmerigion, important is who has the combat shotgun.

3. The Perlin noise layers got fed to map gen tread, then the on_init script was run and so on.

4. Yes. It also matters that those oversized shrimps look better in the form of pink globes which are processed into scientific test tubes.

5. You press reload, or restart. or main menu.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

joseailton
Inserter
Inserter

Post by joseailton »

Adil wrote:5. You press reload, or restart. or main menu.
And also reduce the autosave interval.

Return to “Off topic”