What Indie/Less well known games do you play

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

What Indie/Less well known games do you play

Post by TheSAguy »

Have you guys tried:
Dominions 4
Space Rangers HD
MTG Shandalar <--- Now has new cards!!!!

These are some of the games I really enjoy, though they are not AAA titles. What good games do you guys play that's not mainstream?

Thanks.

nicolaasvanwaveren
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: What Indie/Less well known games do you play

Post by nicolaasvanwaveren »

Robocraft, its a game where you design your robot, with tracks or wheels or hoover or flying or any combination of them, and then you arm it. You then test your design, if it work like you intended you take it into battle. You can either battle as a single player against computer players or an online battle where its one team against another. As you go up the levels you unlock better components that you can use to build fighting robots.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Although not less known, and may not even be indie, but here they go:

- Kerbal Space Program
- Minecraft Modded
- PlanetBase
- Kingdom
- Subnautica
- Craft the World

And I have not played any of the games quoted by you, although I do play MTG casually.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

nicolaasvanwaveren wrote:Robocraft, its a game where you design your robot, with tracks or wheels or hoover or flying or any combination of them, and then you arm it. You then test your design, if it work like you intended you take it into battle. You can either battle as a single player against computer players or an online battle where its one team against another. As you go up the levels you unlock better components that you can use to build fighting robots.
I really like this game; the only thing is that it lacks is..well.. a roadmap. It is currently in alpha, and I cannot find a non-community suggested roadmap. According to both the devs (though email) and players (though in-game chat) there IS no roadmap. There are a lot of empty spaces in the game, namely lack of gamemodes and a friends/group/clan system.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Phoenixian »

Antichamber: So much of the game is learning how it works that you'll only ever play it twice (once to get through it, and a second time to get through everything shockingly fast) but for those who like working their heads around something, it's brilliant fun to figure all the game's rules out.

From the Depths: A naval strategy/building game and Robocraft's more granular cousin. Where in the latter one might stick a gun and wheels on a car and expect the whole thing to work, in From the Depths, you're building the canons out of their component parts, running your ship's propeller off of engine power, and slaving your ships' systems to AI to run them. So you build your fleet of ships, ( or airships, planes, submarines etc.) and set out to conquer the world in a single player campaign against eight factions gradually gaining more resources as you salvage from enemies and gain more territory.
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

Ackos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ackos »

Aurora 4x

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

There's this niche indie thing, Factorio, it's kind of like SimCity for nerds where you build factories and trains and robots and stuff. You guys have probably never heard of it.

Anyway, I consider FTL: Faster Than Light niche despite being rather popular among Steam geeks. It's not exactly for everyone, but if it clicks with you it's so damn good.

If that's not niche enough though, there's the Convoy, which is kind of like FTL's younger brother that nobody even knows exists. It was only durin exploration sale that I randomly stumbled upon the game and got it, and initially playing it I could see why people didn't like it too much. If you come from FTL, it's a cold shower. If you decide to stick around however... Well after my first playthrough I've come to like the game more and more. I think the core gameplay is much better and the writing is AMAZING especially next to FTL, but relative to FTL it lacks content and the devs claim they have no further plans with the game.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Gouada
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gouada »

As a lot of the other games I play have been mentioned, I'm only going to say one: From the Depths.
It's on steam and there are some pretty good lets plays by a youtuber named Aavak if you're interested. It is kind-of like Space Engineers except more tactical and you have more options...
No, I'm not a piece of cheese! :D

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

I remember eyeing that game over a year ago, it seemed like there was a ton of needless visual clutter.

lxl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lxl »

I play dwarf fortress. I like it for the beautiful graphics, the low difficulty and the simplicity to learn :mrgreen:
And a bit Rimworld.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Right now, I'm a little on Grav, despite the fact my play time has ridiculously shrinked this year.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

I recently got rehooked on a game that everyone forgot about a year ago- Viscera Cleanup Detail
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Orphauneus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Orphauneus »

I seriously recommend The Talos Principle it's a existential puzzler very fun. I have always been into philosophy but The Talos Principle really pushed me to pursue it more. Watch the trailer it's beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8oxVPeTUnU
I'm the kind of guy that gets lost shopping looking for milk (I'm saying i'm dumb...)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

'Stasis' was really interesting.
An adventure with a bit scary atmosphere.

Also fun is 'Party Hard'.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

Rimworld: If the Sims mashed up with Firefly, from someone who really likes Dwarf Fortress but doesn't hate themselves and everyone else.

Why'd it have to be squirrels? A RimWorld tale. <- this sold me on the game.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Oolite: an Elite:Frontier style 4x game
Aurora: as above

twepy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by twepy »

Im playing also Grim Dawn, an action RPG.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

twepy wrote:Im playing also Grim Dawn, an action RPG.
GD is a lot of fun!

johncostas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by johncostas »

Even I also like to play dwarf fortress as the graphical feature of this game wonders me a lot. Apart from dwarf fortress, Monument Valley, Cis Gaze, and Nidhogg are also my favorite games which I have bought from Instant-gaming. The site is updated with a new series of Indie games, you can also [link removed] to find out more games.

Return to “Off topic”