Today is a sad day ...

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Today is a sad day ...

Post by Koub »

It certainly is off topic, but Sir Christopher Lee, a highly talented actor, known for having been Saruman, Dracula, Count Dooku, and many many more, as well as a Heavy-Metal Fan and singer has left us recently (I just learned it today) at age 93.
I'm sure many Factorio fans will have seen him in one of his numerous roles.

We all miss you, Sir Christopher Lee. RIP. :cry:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Today is a sad day ...

Post by Gandalf »

After Leonard Nimoy died earlier this year this is the second actors death that really touched me. He was the most impressive actor I have ever known about.

I like the stories about how he occasionally had to disagree with Peter Jackson during filming of Lord of the Rings, because he himself was an avid LotR fan and has actually met J.R.R.Tolkien during his lifetime.
He did not always like how things were portrayed.
At some point he during a fighting scene he explained that a man being stabbed to death simply does not make the sounds that were being recorded, because he literally knew what that sounds like from his wartime experience.
I think this diversity in happy and not-so-happy memories illustrates what a long and eventful life this man has lead.

I will miss Saruman, he was a great Wizard before he changed over to the Dark Side.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Today is a sad day ...

Post by Smarty »

RIP sir Christopher lee you were amazing

I knew him from lord of the rings

Return to “Off topic”