Spidertron movement

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
PFQNiet
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Spidertron movement

Post by PFQNiet »

What is the max speed of a spider-vehicle and how do I change it in data?

There appears to be no speed values on the spider-vehicle itself, just a fuel consumption which seems to indicate "if the spider is moving, it consumes this much fuel".

The legs have things that seem promising, such as initial_movement_speed and movement_acceleration, but what do these numbers mean? They seem to be very small on the vanilla spidertron, and also they don't seem to indicate a max speed.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Spidertron movement

Post by Xorimuth »

There's nothing exact about spidertron movements, but yes, those 2 values change the speed of the spidertron. If you are using the pre-defined `create_spidertron{}` command in data it has a leg_movement_speed argument which is multiplied by the default values of those 2 values. Example: https://github.com/tburrows13/Spidertro ... lua#L6-L12
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

PFQNiet
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PFQNiet »

There's predefined functions for spidertrons? Whaaaaaat? Where can I learn more about these?

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Modding help”