Cloning underground belts - clone their transport line too?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
thesixthroc
Inserter
Inserter

Cloning underground belts - clone their transport line too?

Post by thesixthroc »

I'd like to clone both ends of an underground belt, and in addition copy over all the items on the LuaTransportLines underground.

This is for a softmod, so API only.

Is that possible?

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Cloning underground belts - clone their transport line too?

Post by Silari »

Should be far as I know - LuaEntity has a member neighbours that for underground belts includes it's matching pair. It also has get_max_transport_line_index() and get_max_transport_line_index(index) which should let you grab the items that are on them. Not sure if you can get the exact positions of items on the underground portion, but you can insert things.

Also not sure, but LuaSurface.clone_entities MIGHT include the items? Haven't tried that and documentation doesn't say at all what aspects are copied, if any.

thesixthroc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by thesixthroc »

Seems like that might work.

As somebody who hasn't used LuaTransportLine much before, can you give any pointers as to how I'd use get_max_transport_line_index() here?

Currently, when I clone a bunch of belts and undergrounds, the items on the belt clone across along with the belts but any items underground are lost.

(I haven't tried clone_entities() yet, but I should try that soon.)

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Honestly only reason I knew it existed was to help someone delete a modded item off all their belts/inserters once, but the max index bit is just so you know how many lines it has, so you can loop over them. AFAIK, it's always 2 for belts/undergrounds, but modded stuff might allow a different number.

Odd that items on undergrounds aren't included if belt items are. It might be worth putting in a modding interface request that cloning include items on underground belts if both sides of the belt are being cloned.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Silari wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:15 pm
Not sure if you can get the exact positions of items on the underground portion
You can not get the pixel perfect location, only the line index, which has a variance of 32/4 = 8 pixels.
Silari wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:46 pm
AFAIK, it's always 2 for belts/undergrounds, but modded stuff might allow a different number.
TransportLine is not moddable. Belts and loaders have 2, underground 4 and splitters 8 lines it seems.

I agree that native "clone()" type functions should include underground items (if they actually don't - I didn't test that).

I can see the underground items on the output line of the input underground belts first pair of lines...

Code: Select all

/c game.print(serpent.line(game.player.selected.get_transport_line(2).output_lines[1].get_contents()))
...which seems to be the same as the second pair of lines.

Code: Select all

/c game.print(game.player.selected.get_transport_line(2).output_lines[1] == game.player.selected.get_transport_line(4))
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Modding help”