Some error in recipe? Conflict of two mods, that shouldn't interfere that much.

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Rafiz
Inserter
Inserter

Some error in recipe? Conflict of two mods, that shouldn't interfere that much.

Post by Rafiz »

I have problem with 2 mods (both aren't mine) : one is "xander-mod" and other is "Transport_Drones_Fuel" (TDF, later, coz it's too many words)

Problem lays in that TDF simplifies requirements to create transport drones (from "Transport Drones" mod) and xander-mod is changing recipe for engine that is (than) being used as "template" for TDF's - "drone-engine-unit" which should be simplified version of vanilla "engine-unit". I do not fully understand why but after xanders make recipe a bit more complex, TDF makes change to that recipe and exchanges some ingredients into other (all fine for now - doesn't really matter), but than TDF explicitly sets "drone-engine-unit[2].result = drone-engine-unit" (https://pastebin.pl/view/de6da984), is it correct way to set result in this specific case? Or error lies exactly here? In game this recipe (I tried changing it's name, so I know it's 100% this recipe) produces so called "internal combustion engine" ("engine-unit" item, overhauled by xander-mod (https://pastebin.pl/view/00836998) ). How is that this recipe which explicitly set result - produces something other? At first I thought that error must be in TDF, because I believe this lua of recipe is very strangely written... But now I'm confused on who made error (so who to ask to fix it). :? :? :?

"drone-engine-unit" recipe seems like completely new entity (right?), so xander mod shouldn't touch it, because how it would even assume something like that exists. And than if TDF is last mod that touches it, than how is result being changed to engine-unit? Now - TDF obviously can change it anywhere later - to engine unit, right, but I checked out all occurances of "engine-unit" in whole mod folder and that 99% is not the case, another test - I removed xander-mod and it worked well. TDF don't have any line of code consisting "xander", so it's not checking for existance of this mod I believe. Now, as next test I changed xander-mod so that it has "optional dependency" on TDF - and this problem dissapeared
[[ because xanders loads after TDF now and recipe is like vanilla->TD->TDF without any xander interference. So again, how is it that if it loads "after" TDF - nothing is changed. I would rather suspect this order (TDF,xanders) to cause problems, rather than opposite order causing it ]].

"transport-drone" recipe requires "drone-engine-unit" item. "drone-engine-unit" recipe produces (according to .lua) "drone-engine-unit" item and than in game it says that it will produce "drone-engine-unit" but it produces "engine-unit" instead.

(https://pastebin.pl/view/c9d17682) here's final fixes of "TDF" - it looks like it shouldn't want to change to engine-unit in that place.. Aaand it doesn't even actually touches that recipe - right? It only changes "transport-drone" recipe (not "drone-engine-unit" recipe)

Now that I think about it it would be simplest to solve by adding optional dependency on xanders mod and just changing few recipes.

Return to “Modding help”