[Solved] Ressource sheet definitions

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Solved] Ressource sheet definitions

Post by Shenpen »

I rendered out a 4 wide, 3 high set of resource entity icons.

This definition lets me load the file, but does not show more than 4 variations out of 12 (file is 512 x 384 px):

`sheet =
{
filename = "__bitumen__/graphics/entity/shalerock/shalerock8-dl.png",
priority = "extra-high",
line_length = 4,
width = 128,
height = 128,
frame_count = 4,
variation_count = 3
}`

Are the definitions correct?
What would explain a limited use of the pictures?
Or explain error for setting variation_count to 12...

backshalerock8-dl.png
backshalerock8-dl.png (144.55 KiB) Viewed 982 times
Last edited by Shenpen on Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Ressource sheet definitions

Post by Deadlock989 »

In a sheet property, line_length refers to the columns and each variation in the variation_count is the rows. So if you are using sheet then all the frames for one variation have to be on the same row. Whether or not the different variations are actually used or not depends on whether the entity/particle actually uses/supports them and for what purpose. What kind of entity is it? Edited: if this is a resource entity then the variations in each row are supposed to represent smaller and smaller deposits, the cutoff for when each variation is used depends on the stage_counts property. See the base game ore sheets for an example - they get smaller and feebler in each descending row, with each column being a random variation of that "stage".

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:40 pm
In a sheet property, line_length refers to the columns and each variation in the variation_count is the rows. So if you are using sheet then all the frames for one variation have to be on the same row. Whether or not the different variations are actually used or not depends on whether the entity/particle actually uses/supports them and for what purpose. What kind of entity is it? Edited: if this is a resource entity then the variations in each row are supposed to represent smaller and smaller deposits, the cutoff for when each variation is used depends on the stage_counts property. See the base game ore sheets for an example - they get smaller and feebler in each descending row, with each column being a random variation of that "stage".
Well that clears up quite a lot for me!
The resource is actually a fluid (fracking fluid), so it makes no sense at all to have the visible shalerock change in size and not at all to a different variation of shale rock.

I take it to mean then, that I should have a collumn for each variation of the shalerock and just one rock in each collumn.

Thanks for a very usefull response!

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Shenpen wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:12 pm
Well that clears up quite a lot for me!
The resource is actually a fluid (fracking fluid), so it makes no sense at all to have the visible shalerock change in size and not at all to a different variation of shale rock.

I take it to mean then, that I should have a collumn for each variation of the shalerock and just one rock in each collumn.

Thanks for a very usefull response!
Yes - if you look at the crude oil sprite sheet, that's exactly how those are arranged (1 row for 1 "stage", 4 columns for the 4 variants).

Return to “Modding help”