Entity Not Can't Be Placed on Surface (Map)

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
guitarhero23
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Entity Not Can't Be Placed on Surface (Map)

Post by guitarhero23 »

Preface: Another noob running into trouble. I was able to google my way through many issues I've gotten into so far but this one I can't figure out the right words to use to find my answer. I'm looking at tutorials as well as other mods to see how things work.

Goal: Create a new entity (container) and put it on the map. I've gotten everything except the last step. When I create the entity with the recipe and it appears in my inventory when I click on it to then go and place it on the map instead of the blueprint (correct term?) showing up so I can see the space it'll take up the menu icon just shows up for some reason. See screenshot below.

I've attached the mod files, again this is just a learning experience mod for me so disregard the fact that the mod name has nothing to do with what's there at this point or the fact that im testing using a container from Krastorio as my entity.
factorioSS.PNG
factorioSS.PNG (1.86 MiB) Viewed 626 times
Attachments
ModHelp.rar
(51.62 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Entity Not Can't Be Placed on Surface (Map)

Post by Klonan »

You need to give the item a 'place_result', to tell it what entity it places down

guitarhero23
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Entity Not Can't Be Placed on Surface (Map)

Post by guitarhero23 »

Thanks a bunch that was exactly it, somehow I missed seeing that in other examples. I've been looking through other mods and the base game and never noticed that on an item. Appreciate the tip.

Return to “Modding help”