Limit Stack size in Container?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
ravenbs
Inserter
Inserter

Limit Stack size in Container?

Post by ravenbs »

Hello,

is it possible to limit/set the stack size in a container?
I want a Loader to be only able to load a maximum of for example 10 Items to a container.

Thought the best Way would be to limit the Container to 2 slots and the stack size to 5.
Because maybe the loader loads 2 different items from the belt sides.

Any Idea if this is possible?
Could not find a Property in the Prototype of the Chest: https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Container

But I think there was a way to at least overwrite it for Machines using inserters?
But Loaders dont care about this, and stuff the machine always with a huge huge amount of stuff...
Otherwise I could use a Machine as chest with all possible items as input...

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Limit Stack size in Container?

Post by Hiladdar »

Stack size can be limited by editing the item outside the game. It may be possible to create a new item with stack limit of say 10. This is also where the property to set how much is considered as the default selection for personal logistics.

Beyond that, it is possible within the game to limit how many items are place into a container via the circuit network. The technique would be to take a wire connect it between the container and the inserter. Then click on the incerter, and change number of items to the inserter can move at any one time to 1. In the condition box for the inserter, select the item to be placed into the container icon and condition to say < 10. So it should look sometime like:

xxx < 10

Hiladdar

Return to “Modding help”