incompatibility setting info.json

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
ixu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

incompatibility setting info.json

Post by ixu »

I have set an incompatibility in info.json, but it does not work as expected:
info.json:

Code: Select all

{
    "name": "HHTraining",
    "author": "hahoyer",
    "version": "0.18.0",
    "factorio_version": "0.18",
    "title": "HHTraining",
    "dependencies": [ "base >= 0.18.0", "rusty-locale >= 1.0.9", "! creative-mod >= 1.4.1"]
}
what factorio shows:
IncompatibleMod.PNG
IncompatibleMod.PNG (101.64 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
You can see that the creative mod is marked as incompatible, but it shouldn't. The version I have in modlist is 1.4.0 (see top of sceenshot)

Factorio version is 0.18.27
Mods: ingteb, ixuClock, ixuAutoSave, NoCheating, hardCrafting (Maintainer) and more
Desperately tried to implement redo :)

asdff45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: incompatibility setting info.json

Post by asdff45 »

You use `! creative-mod >= 1.4.1` to mark the incompatible with creative-mod. This means, every creative-mod that has a higher version than 1.4.1 is incompatible. You have creative-mod 1.4.0 installed, so it is compatible.

If you want to be completely incompatible with every creative-mod, just write `! creative-mod` instead.

ixu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ixu »

asdff45 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:45 pm
You use `! creative-mod >= 1.4.1` to mark the incompatible with creative-mod. This means, every creative-mod that has a higher version than 1.4.1 is incompatible. You have creative-mod 1.4.0 installed, so it is compatible.
Completely agree. That is exactly my point: Why is it marked incompatible?
Mods: ingteb, ixuClock, ixuAutoSave, NoCheating, hardCrafting (Maintainer) and more

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Incompatibility does not support versions. If you use incompatible you are incompatible with the entire mod.

I think you can do what you want with an optional dependency on the mod with <= the version you want.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

asdff45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asdff45 »

ixu wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:00 pm
asdff45 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:45 pm
Completely agree. That is exactly my point: Why is it marked incompatible?
Sorry, misinterpreted your post :8

ixu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ixu »

Thanks Rseding91.
Rseding91 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:51 pm
Incompatibility does not support versions. If you use incompatible you are incompatible with the entire mod.

I think you can do what you want with an optional dependency on the mod with <= the version you want.
In that case I think someone should change the wiki.
https://wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Mod_structure
Dependency
Each dependency is a string that consists of up to three parts: "<prefix> internal-mod-name <equality-operator version>", for example "! some-mod-everyone-hates >= 6.6.6". The possible prefixes are: ! for incompatibility, ? for an optional dependency, (?) for a hidden optional dependency or no prefix for a hard requirement for the other mod. The equality operator (<, <=, =, >= or >) combined with the version allows to define dependencies that require certain mod versions, but it is not required.
May I do this or should I better leave it to Bilka?

Return to “Modding help”