What is builder.lua in lualib?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Cooldude2606
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

What is builder.lua in lualib?

Post by Cooldude2606 »

There is builder.lua in the core lublib directory, if anyone could give me some insight on the following, very broad, questions it would be appreciated.

What is it used for?
Why is it using Lua 5.0/5.1 syntax for a module?
Because its using the module function the file cant be required, so why is does it exist?
I cant find any other refrences to this file and the github says it was added in 0.8, last edited in 0.16, is this file now deprecated?
Last edited by Cooldude2606 on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- Developer for Explosive Gaming factorio community. Find our code on GitHub. Please contact me via our Discord. ---

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: What is builder.lua in lualib?

Post by Klonan »

I don't know, it was there for a long time, and never used,
I think it was an experiment to have some AI builder help you, but it never went anywhere

Cooldude2606
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooldude2606 »

The last edit to it was 0.16, were there still plans to use this?
Would it have been similar to how compilatron built for you in the 0.17 introduction?
--- Developer for Explosive Gaming factorio community. Find our code on GitHub. Please contact me via our Discord. ---

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Cooldude2606 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:18 pm
The last edit to it was 0.16, were there still plans to use this?
Would it have been similar to how compilatron built for you in the 0.17 introduction?
The edits were all just generic find-and-replace to prototype names, or general LuaCheck fixes

I don't know how it was going to be used, It predates my involvement with the game

Cooldude2606
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooldude2606 »

Thanks for the quick replies, always interesting to find files that were forget about and to find out what they might have been for. :)

Return to “Modding help”