Unexpected 'not enough ingredients' on recipe craft attempt (Multiple recipes for intermediary item)

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
leighzer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Unexpected 'not enough ingredients' on recipe craft attempt (Multiple recipes for intermediary item)

Post by leighzer »

Hello,

I was play testing some of my small mods when I happened upon an interesting issue.

I tried to hand craft an offshore pump, and was unable to do so, even though I have enough materials (for the default green circuit recipe, not a recipe one of my mods adds) to do so. Screenshots below:
Not enough ingredients to craft offshore pump
Enough ingredients for vanilla green circuit recipe
Not enough ingredients for alternate green circuit recipe
One of my mods adds an ore (Day[9]-ite, ore that looks like stone) that appears in the total raw section of the offshore pump recipe. This ore has assembler recipes that transform the ore into intermediary items (emotes) that then can be assembly crafted into iron/copper plates.

When I have enough of that ore in my inventory, I am able to craft the offshore pump.

What I suspect is happening is the game makes the 'enough ingredients check' only against the alternate electronic circuit recipe, and it doesn't consider the vanilla recipe at all.

Questions:
Is it possible to change which recipe is the 'target' recipe in the 'enough ingredient check'?
Is it possible to make this new ore I add NOT appear as a raw ingredient in recipes?
Is it possible when handcrafting recipes to default to one recipe, and fallback to another if not enough resources are present?

Recreate:
To recreate this issue, I am playing on factorio version 0.18.13 along with the mod Day[9]-ite version 0.1.3.

Thanks!

leighzer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Unexpected 'not enough ingredients' on recipe craft attempt (Multiple recipes for intermediary item)

Post by leighzer »

To answer one of my own questions:
Is it possible to make this new ore I add NOT appear as a raw ingredient in recipes?
Yes. It appears what dictates what makes it into the 'total raw' section is based around if items are hand craftable or not. Since an engine is a part of the advanced-crafting category, it is considered a raw item since it cannot be crafted by hand. On the other hand, copper wire will not appear in the 'total raw' section since is hand craftable.

Return to “Modding help”