Removing/Replacing Spitters (And spawners)

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Password11
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Removing/Replacing Spitters (And spawners)

Post by Password11 »

Disclaimer: I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum as I spent about half an hour trying to figure it out and remain only vaguely confident this is the correct place. if this is posted in the wrong place I'd request a mod/admin please move it to the correct place thank you.

Anyway. Hello, engineering masterminds.
I come to you with a request for help.
Me being the idiot I am and having no bloody idea what I'm doing when it comes to modding I could not figure out how to edit the bug spawns such as the spitters and their spawners.
I look at a number of guides and posts related to modding but I was unable to find any info on enemy spawns themselves.
(Will totally own up to the fact I might have missed something if I did.)
I'm somebody who never really liked ranged enemies in-game such as this and always felt the bugs should be more of a horde melee kinda race. So as the title suggests I'm attempting to replace all Spitters with bitters and hopefully the spawners as well but if its easier to just make them spawn bitters instead that works too.
I'm currently trying to remove Spitters from vanilla and as well as the ever-popular rampant mod (due to balance reasons)
If anyone could point me toward the right places to edit them out whether it be the evolution factor or...well frankly I don't even know.
Can somebody help?

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Removing/Replacing Spitters (And spawners)

Post by darkfrei »

Place it to the data.lua:

Code: Select all

data.raw["unit-spawner"]["spitter-spawner"].result_units = data.raw["unit-spawner"]["biter-spawner"].result_units

Password11
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Password11 »

darkfrei wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:02 pm

data.raw["unit-spawner"]["spitter-spawner"].result_units = data.raw["unit-spawner"]["biter-spawner"].result_units
Are you kidding me? that was it? I can't believe it was so simple!
Anyway, thank you so much! if it wasn't for you I'd still be sitting around attempting to figure out what I was doing wrong for god knows how long. just thank you, you're amazingly c:

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Password11 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:43 pm
darkfrei wrote:

I can't believe it was so simple!
You are welcome!

I've just installed the mod viewtopic.php?t=45107
Open log file.
Found the spawner, found where it defines spawned units. Set result_units from one spawner to another one.

Password11
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Password11 »

darkfrei wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:05 am
Password11 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:43 pm
darkfrei wrote:

I can't believe it was so simple!
You are welcome!

I've just installed the mod viewtopic.php?t=45107
Open log file.
Found the spawner, found where it defines spawned units. Set result_units from one spawner to another one.
Sorry for the late reply I didn't see this!

Thanks for the link that mod seems like it'll come in vital if I ever want to get more into factorio modding to a more serious capacity c:

Return to “Modding help”