Freeplay remote interface not available in game upgraded from 0.17.79

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Jorn86
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Freeplay remote interface not available in game upgraded from 0.17.79

Post by Jorn86 »

I'm running into this weird issue where a save game created in 0.17.79, will not have access to the freeplay remote interface when loaded in 0.18.4-6. Starting a new game in that version will have access just fine. If I re-save the game in 0.18.6 and then reload, it'll also be fine. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Why does upgrading a save make the remote interface unavailable?

For more details and an example save game, see https://mods.factorio.com/mod/quickstar ... 000cfc8859

MisterFister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Freeplay remote interface not available in game upgraded from 0.17.79

Post by MisterFister »

Bump. Note that I am the mod-user to submit what I'm guessing to have been the first example of this bug in the wild.

Recognizing that my precipitating circumstances were a rather rare use-case (creating a benchmark save for savefile-scumming and revert-to-beginning gameplay, THEN upgrading base, THEN applying this mod which is pretty specific to mapgen-type scenarios) I would still humbly request even a non-technical reply from the devs that this has been looked at and then regarded or disregarded for Wube's purposes.

Thanks for a great game, and to the modder, thanks for s great mod.

Return to “Modding help”