Pipe connections problems

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Pipe connections problems

Post by darkfrei »

As another entities?

Code: Select all

entity.fluid_boxes.pipe_picture = assembler2pipepictures()
 entity.fluid_boxes.pipe_covers = pipecoverspictures()

PyroFire
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PyroFire »

There's a few.
Don't know how they fare with your fluidboxes though.

Among them is giving all the fluidboxes a pipe cover that overlaps (so both are drawn exactly on top of eachother), so when any connects you get the cover.
Obvious problem with one regular pipe is obvious, but it may be acceptable?

Skimming through your code i saw this being done with sprites.
That's a pretty good method, though you don't need to swap the prototypes to get it working with sprites.

To be said, your code is a bit of a mess and i can see you've been trying to fix this problem for a while.
Let's see what we can do.

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

I will improve the mod better as I can but there's many problems:
  • Factorio documentation is writed for be used not for learn how use it or how the game is form, this make complex find a way to make a good use of it.
  • Factorio mod implementation examples are difficult to find, sometimes need experiment and there's many way to reach the same result, not all the optimal implementation.
  • Factorio modders not always help other modders, most of time I recieve insults instead suggestions, I'm always reluctant to looking for help.
Thank u again PyroFire ur help, u are one of the few modders that give me a real help, I will try to improve it with my skills but actually I dunno how implement it better.
About the mess, I have try to comment all better as possible, what part need to be tidy up?

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

No darkfrei, I try the normal pipe cover modification, this work for one side but with the pump prototype it the entity rotate the covers don't follow the entity

Return to “Modding help”