Check if mode is set to Deathworld?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Check if mode is set to Deathworld?

Post by vedrit »

Hey all, I'm wondering if there is a way to check if the game is set to Deathworld, or how I might be able to have my mod might be adjusted by Deathworld.

Thanks!

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Check if mode is set to Deathworld?

Post by Honktown »

As far as I know the game difficulty always reads "normal" (was confused by that when I first played). Deathworld etc just set game settings. You could look for a default deathworld if the settings match exactly, or better, just scale whatever you're doing to what you think makes the game difficult.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

Honktown wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:03 am
As far as I know the game difficulty always reads "normal" (was confused by that when I first played). Deathworld etc just set game settings. You could look for a default deathworld if the settings match exactly, or better, just scale whatever you're doing to what you think makes the game difficult.
Well, the problem is that I didn't really make my mod to be played in deathworld, and I don't want to scale the balance of my mod by deathworld for everyone.
I suppose another way to do it would be to have players set a slider, but I'm not sure that that would work for setting loot drops

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

Just add options. More options. I've been playing with some mods here and there, and although there's been some good ideas I've seen, some have very weird interactions or end up a lot more annoying/broken in a bad way than interesting. I've played a number of games with super-maxed enemies or different mechanics, cause I don't really find the logistics part of the game replayable.

If there's something with loot, please do add a percent modifier, and if possible, different sorts of curving i.e. linear per tier, or less-than-linear, more than, whatever.

Played TheyreMadeOutOfMeat and it became super annoying even mid-game (enemies would constantly be dropping useless items) so I had to disable it. I think it was Alien Loot Economy that also was game-breaking and flooded the world with loot drops.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Have you tried mods that allow automatic pickup of items, like https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SchallPickupTower ?

----

Death World (or other presets) is just a preset of multiple settings - you could try detecting some of them, but in the end it's for people using non-standard presets like Death World and/or Marathon to tweak their game to be suitable for your mod !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “Modding help”