"Anti-logistics" area?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
FlamingCarrot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

"Anti-logistics" area?

Post by FlamingCarrot »

I'm trying to create a structure that blocks, removes, or overwrites roboport logistics/construction area in its radius. Is there any way to achieve this?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: "Anti-logistics" area?

Post by DaveMcW »

No, the "logistics area" does not really exist. It is just a radius around a roboport. So it is impossible to destroy the area unless you destroy the roboport.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adamo »

FlamingCarrot wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:43 am
I'm trying to create a structure that blocks, removes, or overwrites roboport logistics/construction area in its radius. Is there any way to achieve this?
What is it you are ultimately trying to achieve by this? Maybe there's another way to do THAT.

FlamingCarrot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FlamingCarrot »

What is it you are ultimately trying to achieve by this? Maybe there's another way to do THAT.
I was hoping to add a "bot fence" of sorts to allow the forcible separation of logistic networks that would otherwise overlap, or to simply restrict where robots can path, ideally in a player-traversable form resembling hazard concrete. In short, a floor tile that removes that tile from any logistic coverage.

There's an existing mod that uses multiple channels to a similar end result (preventing logistics entities from "recognising" each other), but it does so by assigning them to a different "team", which has a couple of issues with multiplayer and other mods.

There's also mods that add various structures with smaller logistics coverage for more precise perimeters. I just thought having bots actually obey the hazard markings the player layed out would be cute.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Pathfinding with collisions is too expensive for this game. Thousands of robots try to find the way between source and target entities simultaneously!

Here must be some optimization, invisible rails like by pathfinding of biters, that they go along.

Return to “Modding help”