[0.17] autoplace_controls for no rocks

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
XaLpHa89
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17] autoplace_controls for no rocks

Post by XaLpHa89 »

What is the property to tell the map generator not to create rocks?

Code: Select all

local map_gen_settings = {}
-- map_gen_settings.default_enable_all_autoplace_controls = false
map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls = { [ 'coal' ] = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' }, [ 'stone' ] = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' }, [ 'copper-ore' ] = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' }, [ 'uranium-ore' ] = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' }, [ 'iron-ore' ] = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' }, [ 'crude-oil' ] = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' }, [ 'trees' ] = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' }, [ 'enemy-base' ] = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' } }
map_gen_settings.autoplace_settings = { entity = { treat_missing_as_default = false, settings = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' } }, decorative = { treat_missing_as_default = true, settings = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' } } }
map_gen_settings.cliff_settings = { name = 'cliff', cliff_elevation_0 = 0, cliff_elevation_interval = 0 }
map_gen_settings.width = 300
map_gen_settings.height = 300
20190714065530_1.jpg
20190714065530_1.jpg (499.46 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
Last edited by XaLpHa89 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17] autoplace_controls for no rocks

Post by slippycheeze »

Rocks are decoratives. You didn't even touch those with anything pictured in your settings. "stone", there, is the resource like coal or iron, which you mine.

See the "autoplace_settings" and "property_expression_names" in MapGenSettings for the syntax for them, and the base mod prototype lua for where the whole shebang is defined.

You are probably most interested in the rock_autoplace_settings function in there, which is used to define the settings for the decals that count as rocks in base.

Keep in mind that mods are not obliged to use the same autoplace information, and can even place stuff manually despite your desires. Given that, if I was you, I'd probably iterate over the defined decoratives, find everything that flagged itself as "I'm a rock for the deconstruction planner", and then emit a "don't every place this thing, specifically" rule for each one.

That way if someone has a rock that isn't using the same noise layer, control variables, or whatever, it'll still be banned.

You can see the NiceFill mod for an example finding and banning water tiles, if you want.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

darkfrei wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:05 am
slippycheeze wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:48 pm
Rocks are decoratives.
Rocks https://wiki.factorio.com/Rock are simple entities, not decoratives.
https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/SimpleEntity
https://wiki.factorio.com/Data.raw#simple-entity
You are quite correct. My mistake: I thought they were in the wrong layer, and since that file also places a pile of decoratives, I didn't end up checking closely enough. I believe that, despite my error, the rest of my comment is accurate since entity placement and decorative placement share the same controls, and I did name the core noise expressions, etc, correctly at least. :)

XaLpHa89
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XaLpHa89 »

What do I have to do to apply it?
Last edited by XaLpHa89 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

From nicefill, where I struggled through the how to stop water turning up when it didn't use the default noise expression:

for name, _ in pairs(game.tile_prototypes) do
                if name:find("water") then
                    map_gen_settings.property_expression_names["tile:"..name..":probability"] = -1000
                end
            end
...and thank you to the people who patiently explained why my initial belief that water = 0 should do the same thing was wrong, and what the right way was.

That'll do the one-by-one version. You can extend it appropriately following the documentation for other things. Obviously, rocks are entities, so you want a rule for "entity" instead of tile. The -1000 is a magical "low enough" number that it means "never" - zero is not "never", it is "just use the noise as-is". -math.huge also works, I believe, if you want to be more extreme about it. :)

I'd suggest you walk through the defined entity prototypes and find all the rocks that way, then use their name in a similar loop. The LuaEntityPrototype has the read-only property "count_as_rock_for_filtered_deconstruction" at runtime which will let you filter them out of the list of all entities.

You can probably do the same in the data-final-fixes stage, since it is also part of the prototype there, but you will have to make sure nobody else generates rocks in the final phase too.

Once the game starts the control phase, though, the set is fixed, so you only need to build that list once when control.lua is loaded, not every time you want to touch map generator settings.

XaLpHa89
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XaLpHa89 »

I found the part of the program in the mod NiceFill, only somehow it does not work anymore. The program part generates the following error:

attempt to index field 'property_expression_names' (a nil value)
But I have a success to report, following ensures that no rocks are generated.

map_gen_settings.autoplace_settings = { entity = { treat_missing_as_default = false, settings = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' } }, decorative = { treat_missing_as_default = true, settings = { frequency = 'none', size = 'none', richness = 'none' } } }

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Just set the entity autoplace to nil

Return to “Modding help”