Crippling low FPS when mobs attack

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
christian
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Crippling low FPS when mobs attack

Post by christian »

I'm wondering if anyone knows what I need to disable in the mod settings. I basically have these mods installed that affect enemies:
- Bobs/Angels
- Rampant
- Natural Evolution Enemies

I'm still in early game pre 4th tier science (after military science). Every time I get a wave of mobs attacking my line of turrets my FPS drops from 60 to around 10 depending on how big the wave is. Currently, pretty much everything in the mod settings is set to default.

I really want to keep those mods installed, just wondering maybe there's something I can tweak.

Thanks!

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Crippling low FPS when mobs attack

Post by Hiladdar »

I don't think the issue is not with either of those mods you listed, but with the number of entities involved, and amount of mob pathing, and determination of what a mob will do that has to be recalculated with large biter bases and large wave attacks, as well as how your base defense react to the biter attacks.

I have the same issue when I head out try to take out a mega-biter-base, in a post rocket launch game.

A mod that for example lowers the number of biters and spitters by 75%, while making them 4 times as powerful and resilient would probably help with the FPS issue.

Some things to consider is going off loading the CPU processing on to the GPU, as well as tuning down some graphics from high res down to normal res, as well as turning as much of the animation, and visual stuff off as possible, like shadows and such.

Hiladdar

Return to “Modding help”