Anyone Know Whats Causing This.?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

I checked if there were duplicate mods, and there isn't.
This is on a brand new modded world.
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (398.72 KiB) Viewed 2061 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Anyone Know Whats Causing This.?

Post by Koub »

Causing what actually ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

Koub wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:20 pm
Causing what actually ?
Look at the crafting grid, and you will notice that there are many duplicates icons.
And when looking at the item requirements within those duplicate icons, one of the duplicates items are more expensive than the other.
Ive been at it for hours trying to figure out what mod is causing it, but it seems each and every mod is overwriting each other.
Also, one of the duplicates will have more items than the other, as well as different cost and ways of crafting.
As well as their names of the mod in almost every item. So its hard to figure out who is the culprit of this problem.

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

I think I found the culprit of the problem, after rebooting the game over 125 times,
going through each and every mod by disabling each mod one by one and rebooting each time.
This took a very long time.

--->> WhistleStopFactories_0.1.12.zip

. As you can now see / view in the picture below. - No more duplicates in the crafting pane on the right..
Its sad though, because I really like Whistle Stop Factories mod. hopefully they fix it as I posted the link to this forum post.
It gave me an incentive to make trains stops at those factories.
Attachments
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_5.png (263.06 KiB) Viewed 1997 times

Krazykrl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Krazykrl »

Twsted wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:13 am

. As you can now see / view in the picture below. - No more duplicates in the crafting pane on the right..
Its sad though, because I really like Whistle Stop Factories mod. hopefully they fix it as I posted the link to this forum post.
Report this to the Whistlestop mod developer, those duplicate crafting recipes should only show up if you have a whistlestop building selected; as those recipies are a workaround to Factorio unable to make more than 1 item per tick.

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

Krazykrl wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:10 pm
Twsted wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:13 am

Report this to the Whistlestop mod developer, those duplicate crafting recipes should only show up if you have a whistlestop building selected; as those recipies are a workaround to Factorio unable to make more than 1 item per tick.
I spoke to the mod author and he informed me that he read my post and that he is trying to fix the problem.
He was a really really nice person and extremely helpful. So im now just waiting for future updates.
As soon as a fix comes out I will immediately reinstall the mod.. I love the mod and now that the author is really ncie too,
i like the mod even more :D He understood my frustrations and understood the situation I presented to him, which is really cool :D

Return to “Modding help”