Overlapping UI's

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Therenas
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Overlapping UI's

Post by Therenas »

Hi there!
Is it possible for a mod to do overlapping windows as factorio itself does it in a couple places? i.e. Image

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not possible, but we can't get windows that are draggable right? Also, the API doesn't provide a way to get the signal-selection-view in that image or does it? I have to pretty much do it myself right?

Thanks!

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Overlapping UI's

Post by Klonan »

Therenas wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:19 pm
Also, the API doesn't provide a way to get the signal-selection-view in that image or does it?
You are looking for a choose-elem-button
https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Lua ... lement.add
' "choose-elem-button": A button that lets the player pick one of an: item, entity, tile, or signal similar to the filter-select window.'

Therenas
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Therenas »

You are looking for a choose-elem-button
https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Lua ... lement.add
' "choose-elem-button": A button that lets the player pick one of an: item, entity, tile, or signal similar to the filter-select window.'
Right, thank you, that is very useful! But I take it that I can't make and layout a window like that on my own? So when I want to do a 'popup' dialog, I have to first destroy the view already present, and rebuild it afterwards? Thanks.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Therenas wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:52 pm

Right, thank you, that is very useful! But I take it that I can't make and layout a window like that on my own? So when I want to do a 'popup' dialog, I have to first destroy the view already present, and rebuild it afterwards? Thanks.
Yes, currently its not supported to have specifically placed or overlapping mod GUI's

Return to “Modding help”