New Roboport/bot type

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
scotts5268
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

New Roboport/bot type

Post by scotts5268 »

So, without going into too many details, I'm trying to make a new roboport with a new type of bots. And I only want players to be able to insert this new type into this roboport.

Also don't want other types of bots to be able to access the construction radius on this roboport (but this part is optional).

Does anyone have any code blocks or guides they could share that might help me? I'm not good with the scripting stuff that this sort of thing requires.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New Roboport/bot type

Post by eradicator »

Your description is way too vague to give any hints at all. Nobody's going to steal your idea.
All i can say is that restricting what goes into the inventory of a roboport type entity and what doesn't is impossible.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

scotts5268
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by scotts5268 »

eradicator wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:56 pm
Your description is way too vague to give any hints at all. Nobody's going to steal your idea.
All i can say is that restricting what goes into the inventory of a roboport type entity and what doesn't is impossible.
My goal is to make a set of robots and roboports that have a huge range, mainpy for laying rails to outposts.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Yea, that's not possible. You can't prevent networks from connecting to each other. So the only way that's gonna happen if you control every single bot per script, which is too much work to be worth it. What's don't you like about FARL's approach?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Modding help”