Map Pin API?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Map Pin API?

Post by credomane »

Perhaps I'm just missing it but is there an API for accessing the Map pins? The feature originally came with 0.15 but I don't know if it was every exposed to the LUA API as I can't seem to find it anywhere in the API docs.

I'm aware of the LuaPlayer alert api but that is per player only. I would assume the Map Pin API would, logically to me, belong under LuaForce since when a player creates a pin it is visible to all players on that force.

If this API doesn't exist can I get this post moved to the API request forum?

Justification for this API:
  1. Mods could export all of the pins for usage in external [screenshot generated] maps. FactorioMaps.com operators would love this, I'm sure, and so would my, currently neglected, FactorioMaps mod.
  2. Player created Scenarios and the 0.17 NPE campaign could make use of this as quest location or other important markers.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Map Pin API?

Post by Bilka »

I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Map Pin API?

Post by credomane »

I forgot about this post over the weekend. Oops.
Bilka wrote:They are called chart tags
Thanks! I tried every word I could think of trying to search the entire documentation for these. Neither chart nor tags even came to mind as a possibility.

Quick question.
Note: The chunk must be charted for a tag to be valid at that location.
Would it be possible to remove this limitation? Would be nice to throw up a distant marker without having to chart the chunk before hand. Sure you can chart that one particular chunk then throw up the marker, I suppose.

Return to “Modding help”