How to make everything on a certian surface go twice as fast

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
tat3rjr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to make everything on a certian surface go twice as fast

Post by tat3rjr »

How would you make everything on a certain surface go twice as fast?

Like assembling machine 1 has a crafting speed of 1 on nauvis, and then on surface x it has a crafting speed of 2.
Or a blue belt can transport 40 items/sec on nauvis ,then it transports 80 items/sec on surface x.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: How to make everything on a certian surface go twice as fast

Post by Bilka »

There is no property that directly allows this.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

tat3rjr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tat3rjr »

Is there a way to do it by replacing an entity on surface x with an entity twice as fast?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

tat3rjr wrote:
Is there a way to do it by replacing an entity on surface x with an entity twice as fast?
Possibly, but then you have to worry about things like entity inventories or equipment grids. Simply replacing the entity from one type to another doesn't guarantee that the inventories will be moved.

However, most entities (including the player in later 0.16.x) are allowed to be fast replaced, you just have to create an entity with the same co-ordinates as the one you want to replace, with the fast replace option selected.
I'm not currently looking at code, I don't know the exact tag names without looking them up.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

tat3rjr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tat3rjr »

bobingabout wrote:
tat3rjr wrote:
Possibly, but then you have to worry about things like entity inventories or equipment grids. Simply replacing the entity from one type to another doesn't guarantee that the inventories will be moved.

However, most entities (including the player in later 0.16.x) are allowed to be fast replaced, you just have to create an entity with the same co-ordinates as the one you want to replace, with the fast replace option selected.
I'm not currently looking at code, I don't know the exact tag names without looking them up.
Thank you for helping me.

Return to “Modding help”