Hide recipes, but available to machines, 1 recipe/tick limit

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Avacado
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Hide recipes, but available to machines, 1 recipe/tick limit

Post by Avacado »

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out how to hide recipes in the character window, but still have them show up for the machines that use them. This is my way to try to get around the 1 recipe/tick limit that machines can't go faster than, so maybe there are some lateral solutions available.

Let me first take a step back because there might be other ways to solve my problem. My mod has an giant 18x18 assembly machine that is supposed to be very fast, but I believe you can't go any faster than 1 recipe per tick, which is a problem.

The solution I'm starting to head down is to duplicate every recipe with 50x the ingredients, 50x the time, and 50x the results, and then I make these recipes only available to the 18x18 assembly machines and nothing else.

The problem is now I have 2 of every recipe cluttering up the character area. So for now, what I've done is created new item categories and moved all the duplicate items to duplicate categories, so now every category is clear, there is just a duplicate of every category being displayed to the character that they can't use.

Any ideas how to either solve this specific issue of hiding recipes or item categories from the character view? Or any suggested ways to get around the limits of 1 recipe per tick meaning an assembly machine can't pump out more than 60 pipes per second, for example? There are multiple blue-belt-loaders on the machine, so it can definitely handle more than 60 items/second if I can figure out how to make it happen.

This: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14844 thread seems to make me think that hiding isn't possible, but that was 3 years ago and the api has changed in that time, so hopefully it is out of date. Maybe that is just wishful thinking, but I also haven't been able to find anything in the current API.

Thanks!

Return to “Modding help”