Is it possible to increase search % ?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
matheod
Inserter
Inserter

Is it possible to increase search % ?

Post by matheod »

Hello,

Is there a way to increase the current progression of the current research ?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Is it possible to increase search % ?

Post by cartmen180 »

yes, craft science packs and put them in the lab, but somehow i don't think that is what you are looking for
Check out my mods

matheod
Inserter
Inserter

Post by matheod »

Yea, I search a way to increase research profression with a % of my choice with the lua api ^^

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

I have no idea what this is referencing, other than something related to research.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

matheod
Inserter
Inserter

Post by matheod »

For exemple, a player is searching Electronics which require 30 Science Pack 1.
Let's say for exemple, the player already used 10 Science Pack 1 in this search. I want a way in lua to progress the search, I.e. instantanly do like if the player used 11 Science Pack 1.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Ah. Ok then.
Looking to make an improved lab?
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

matheod
Inserter
Inserter

Post by matheod »

Yes and No.

I want to create a mod to add a new type of lab. It take any object as input, consume it, and have a chance* to increase the current research progression.

* More exactly : the more an object have been consumed, the less we have a chance to increase current research progression.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

I think what you need is a table to store the research progression in, but i don't know how to get the values for that progression. Then you need a script that checks the table every time an item is consumed in your new lab.
Perhaps it is possible without using a table and just check the progression in the lab directly. But with a table you can also store how many times it has failed, so that way you can for example include a counter of the maximum attempts it can fail.
Check out my mods

matheod
Inserter
Inserter

Post by matheod »

Yea but how can I increase the search progression then ?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Assuming the wiki has all the current API commands, this isn't possible.
Perhaps something you can use as a work around, is instead of directly increasing research, you could give a chance to unlock a random technology.
Obviously, for this to be remotely balanced, you'd need a near-infinitesimal chance per item, but any non-zero chance is still a chance, as long as it's above the rounding error threshold. (Which I don't happen to know.)

Return to “Modding help”