Mods on linux based headless server

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Vacadeluna
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mods on linux based headless server

Post by Vacadeluna »

I am using creeperhost as my dedicated server host. I have the server up and running and it works great. I am trying to figure out how to install mods on the server itself. I just purchased the game today and am 100% new to modding in Factorio. I tried installing mods from my server hosts install option that pulls straight from mods.factorio.com, and when I start the server up it gives me the following errors.

Code: Select all

10:02:05  [Error] ModManager.cpp:677: Mod package read error. Opening zip /home/minecraft/.factorio/mods/Dirt_Path_0.8.1.zip failed: Bad zip file
10:02:05  [Error] ModManager.cpp:677: Mod package read error. Opening zip /home/minecraft/.factorio/mods/LogisticTrainNetwork_1.1.3.zip failed: Bad zip file
10:02:05  [Error] ModManager.cpp:677: Mod package read error. Opening zip /home/minecraft/.factorio/mods/long-reach_0.0.5.zip failed: Bad zip file
10:02:05  [Error] ModManager.cpp:677: Mod package read error. Opening zip /home/minecraft/.factorio/mods/Nanobots_1.0.0.zip failed: Bad zip file
10:02:05  [Error] ModManager.cpp:677: Mod package read error. Opening zip /home/minecraft/.factorio/mods/Squeak Through_1.2.2.zip failed: Bad zip file
10:02:05  [Error] GlobalModSettings.cpp:107: Failed to migrate mod settings file: Error when opening /home/minecraft/.factorio/mods/mod-settings.json for reading: No such file or directory

Vacadeluna
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Mods on linux based headless server

Post by Vacadeluna »

So, I have been playing around with it a little bit, and it appears the mods arent working on the latest stable release. I loaded it on the earliest and got no errors. I have verified all of the mod versions that my host has are up to date and matching what is on mods.factorio.com.

betrok
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by betrok »

Vacadeluna wrote:I loaded it on the earliest and got no errors.
With same data directory? It really looks like just corrupted mod files. Check

Code: Select all

unzip -qt /home/minecraft/.factorio/mods/Nanobots_1.0.0.zip

Vacadeluna
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vacadeluna »

Actually, over the weekend, I ended up getting in touch with my host provider and they found an issue with their mods and resolved it. I was just about to manually add everything myself when they replied that they believe they fixed it and they did!

Return to “Modding help”