Possible to specific fluid go through specific buildings?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Possible to specific fluid go through specific buildings?

Post by jessefjxm »

Hellow guys, i'm currently writing a mod that aims to create modular accelerators. I use fluids to simulate particle flows in different energy levels (100Mev, 1Gev, etc.). The reason i choose fluid is i can place several "acceleration modules" one by one, and with auto-recipe trick a initial flow (I call it particle-flow-1Mev) can travel through these acceleration moduels with energy level keep increasing (input:fluid.particle-flow-1Mev, output:fluid.particle-flow-10Mev) so they can works like one large and whole acclerator. Steps above works fine, but I hope there's a way to restrict those particle flows (fluids) only go through my acceleration modules(buildings), cause it's really weird when you see a flow of 250Gev energetic particles going through the pipe and be stored in the tank. Anybody got some ideas? :D

This "accelerator" looks like this -- don't mind the textures!

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Possible to specific fluid go through specific buildings?

Post by nosports »

Thats a good question.....

I playing around these lines for the antimatter for a antimatter-matter reactor....

As far as i see fluidboxes can be filtered, but i don't have tried this out to date....

As a sidenote i try to figure out a method of placing a nice circular building (several parts) to build a acceleartor with the largest around a chunk or so.....

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

there is such a thing as a filter to be applied to a fluid box, but right now, the filter will allow only a single specified fluid to enter the fluid box, you can't have a list, or exclusions.

though if you are curious on this, it is how the new boiler and steam engine entities work.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

bobingabout wrote:there is such a thing as a filter to be applied to a fluid box, but right now, the filter will allow only a single specified fluid to enter the fluid box, you can't have a list, or exclusions.

though if you are curious on this, it is how the new boiler and steam engine entities work.
Looks like filter can only restrict fluid in it, but cannot apply to fluid itself, or on reverse blacklist some fluid

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

OK I got a way to solve this problem. Check every several seconds if any building with fluid-box that dares to keep my particles and destroy them. Hope this can help others.

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

I got an idea, behause i struugle the Same Problem......

How about Create your Building with specific Fluid and Provide no recipe for the Fluid.
create the specific Fluid in a missused specific Boiler or off-Shore pump.
So there would be no possibility to Feed a wrong Fluid into your Building without cheating, behause you cant produce it.
Downside is your Fluid Can be Used in other Buildings.

Maybe you can create an secund specific Fluid Prototyp and Use it ?

Sorry for all the Misspelling But the Thing Here correct every thing to wrong and i :evil: :evil:

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

nosports wrote:I got an idea, behause i struugle the Same Problem......

How about Create your Building with specific Fluid and Provide no recipe for the Fluid.
So there would be no possibility to Feed a wrong Fluid into your Building without cheating, behause you cant produce it.

Sorry for all the Misspelling But the Thing Here correct every thing to wrong and i :evil: :evil:
The problem is, we cannot stop pipes from receive fluid from where we generate our special fluid, which is what I'm trying to do :?

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

jessefjxm wrote:
nosports wrote:I got an idea, behause i struugle the Same Problem......

The problem is, we cannot stop pipes from receive fluid from where we generate our special fluid, which is what I'm trying to do :?
True, but if there is no useable recipe for other assemblers so the can pump The Special Fluid to oblivion.
Its just Not useable....
So i would ignoriert this non-possibilty :twisted: 8-)

Lets say that would be trying to alchimistic geht Gold out of lead

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

You could muck around with some hidden collision-box-only entities and weird fluid box connection positions that in combination make it simply impossible for anything built in a normal way to connect to thoes positions. Drawback would be that the arrows don't align nicely with the buildings.

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

eradicator wrote:You could muck around with some hidden collision-box-only entities and weird fluid box connection positions that in combination make it simply impossible for anything built in a normal way to connect to thoes positions. Drawback would be that the arrows don't align nicely with the buildings.
That's a really tricky solution :D sounds good

Return to “Modding help”