New line in text-box Gui element

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Relik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New line in text-box Gui element

Post by Relik »

Hi,

I am working on the mod Computer core and I have a problem with the element "text-box" :
"Copy / Past" function does not work well, which makes complex script development difficult (New lines are skipped)

I guess you're already aware of this problem, but I was wondering if there was a way to circumvent it (because I have not found a solution yet) ?
And if not, will this problem always be present with the new version of the Gui provided with the 0.17?

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: New line in text-box Gui element

Post by pieppiep »

I've found the same problem, have you found any workaround yet?
What I use for now is the on_gui_text_changed event and check if the length is more than 10 different compared to the previous change to detect a paste action.
When it's a paste action I do a event.element.text:gsub(' ', '\n') to replace every double space to a newline.
Unfortunately tabs are also changed to a space character, so nice code indentation gets lost and turned in extra newlines.

hreintke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hreintke »

Same issue at my side.

I am working on a "scriptable combinator" -> lua code into a text-box

Any solution available or other workaroud ?

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

another issue is that after a few lines, the first line disappears, but only once.
(in 0.16)
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Return to “Modding help”