A way to ignore productivity bonus for certain items?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
WarStalkeR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A way to ignore productivity bonus for certain items?

Post by WarStalkeR »

Hello community,

I'd like to know if is there any way to ignore productivity bonus for certain items or in certain recipes?

When I found out that with Productivity Module single Spent Ceramic Filter can turn into multiple Ceramic Filters after cleaning it with pure water - it became very weird for me.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: A way to ignore productivity bonus for certain items?

Post by darkfrei »

See vanilla kovarex process.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

darkfrei wrote:See vanilla kovarex process.
That just doesn't allow productivity modules
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

WarStalkeR wrote:Hello community,

I'd like to know if is there any way to ignore productivity bonus for certain items or in certain recipes?

When I found out that with Productivity Module single Spent Ceramic Filter can turn into multiple Ceramic Filters after cleaning it with pure water - it became very weird for me.
Did you enable productivity for everything in bobs? because I dont add productivity to the filtration recipes and I hate the idea of productivity all the same.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Bilka wrote:
That is literally what he asked for.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

WarStalkeR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WarStalkeR »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Bilka wrote:
That is literally what he asked for.
Nope. I will give example:
1) Crystallization Plant consumes 35x Thermal Water + 1x Ceramic Filter and produces 5x Ore + 1x Spent Ceramic Filter.
2) If you will put +200% productivity module into it, Crystallization Plant will produce 15x Ore + 3x Spent Ceramic Filters from 35x Thermal Water + 1x Ceramic Filter.
3) While production of 15x Ore from 35x Thermal Water still looks fine. Production of 3x Spent Ceramic Filters from 1x Ceramic Filter is obvious madness.

What I want to know, if there is any flag for certain items that makes output items amount ignore productivity bonuses?

The result I want to see: 35x Thermal Water + 1x Ceramic Filter => +200% Productivity Crystallization Plant => 15x Ore + 1x Spent Ceramic Filter instead of 5x Ore + 1x Spent Ceramic Filter.

Is it possible to do?

WarStalkeR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WarStalkeR »

Arch666Angel wrote:
WarStalkeR wrote:Hello community,

Did you enable productivity for everything in bobs? because I dont add productivity to the filtration recipes and I hate the idea of productivity all the same.
Yeah. Sorry, greed is part of human nature. Just the idea that from Thermal Water I can get SO MUCH with productivity bonuses makes impossible for to give up on it :)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

You can only enable productivity per recipe. Productivity is off for everything as default, you need to add recipes specifically to the productivity modules to enable them.

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Patashu »

I feel like the way productivity works in Factorio is a bit backwards. Productivity implies that the process normally wastes some of the input resources, and increased productivity means you're throwing less away. So rather than the two options being 'infinite productivity' and 'no productivity', you should be able to specify the specific amount of waste each recipe has, and productivity can only be added up until all waste is removed.

Return to “Modding help”