can't replace grass with other tile

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

can't replace grass with other tile

Post by d3x0r »

And this isn't much of an issue...

So I have this mod ... https://mods.factorio.com/mods/d3x0r/upgrade-planner2
I had a crash caused by shift-click replacing with grass (landfill) set as a target type. (because grass 'can't be part of a blueprint)

I fixed the crash by adding a data-updates.lua with 'data.raw["tile"]["grass"].can_be_part_of_blueprint = true'
(Would have rather fixed it by checking item_protototype[selectedItem] and disallowing it as configured; probably there aren't going to be other mod tiles that are not blueprint-able)

Feature! now I can use bots to place landfill in water.

There's not a lot of places I can select grass in order to replace it with another tile type... the direct replace method works (basically it builds the new tile over the old one directly) but alt-selection mod (shift-select) doesn't replace (for example) grass with concrete. Rhe 'grass' is marked to deconstruct, but when the bots leave they don't have concrete tiles to place. (if there was brick down, and was shift-selected conversion from brick to concrete, the bots leave with concrete and come back with bricks). And yes, I have enough in my inventory.

Deconstructing with shift-click (and concrete to landfill) works really well and doesn't put down grass on desert now, just deconstructs the tile. if I direct-replace concrete with landfill, it places the grass type, and can change desert into grass.

and; if I replace concrete with brick, with bots, with other entities over the concrete, it stops placing concrete even in areas that it would be allowed... (this is strange).

(I'm going to make a video to demonstrate that later)

Return to “Modding help”