How are styles defined for factorio's GUIs?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Gangsir
Inserter
Inserter

How are styles defined for factorio's GUIs?

Post by Gangsir »

If I look on the api, I see that it says I can define a style, which is a string, to use for the newly .add{}-ed gui element, but I can't find any information about how styles are defined. I'd like to be able to reuse styles so I don't have to repeatedly modify the style after the element is created.

I'm assuming it's some kind of data:extend call, unfortunately those are almost completely undocumented with Wube's api.
I'm an administrator over at the Factorio wiki. If you have any questions about the wiki, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. I'm on the subreddit (/r/factorio, /u/Gangsir) as well.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How are styles defined for factorio's GUIs?

Post by darkfrei »

Do you read this?
[GUIDE] How to style buttons with images on them.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24007

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: How are styles defined for factorio's GUIs?

Post by Klonan »

Gangsir wrote:If I look on the api, I see that it says I can define a style, which is a string, to use for the newly .add{}-ed gui element, but I can't find any information about how styles are defined. I'd like to be able to reuse styles so I don't have to repeatedly modify the style after the element is created.

I'm assuming it's some kind of data:extend call, unfortunately those are almost completely undocumented with Wube's api.
Its all in data/core/prototypes/style.lua

Return to “Modding help”