Changed stack sizes in vanilla game, doesnt work

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Changed stack sizes in vanilla game, doesnt work

Post by omegasrevenge »

I went into the "demo-item.lua" file and changed the stack_size = 50 of copper ore and iron ore into stack_size = 5000 then i saved it, started factorio afterwards, loaded my savedgame and nothing changed. somebody help?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Changed stack sizes in vanilla game, doesnt work

Post by FreeER »

hm, item stacks should be loaded properly without anything else being done (changing recipes/tech requires running game.player.force.reset() from console/migrations)...make sure you've actually saved the file and that Factorio was started after the file was saved? Also, make sure there aren't any other mods affecting those items (I know DyTech changes the stack size from 50 to 200) you should see a yellow base->mod_name note when hovering over the item if they were changed by any mods (assuming you have any installed). A quick check would be starting a new world and seeing if it's working there. by the way, changing the base files directly may cause issues when updating Factorio (if you're lucky they'll just be overwritten, if unlucky you'll get crc check errors due to the change).

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

FreeER wrote:hm, item stacks should be loaded properly without anything else being done (changing recipes/tech requires running game.player.force.reset() from console/migrations)...make sure you've actually saved the file and that Factorio was started after the file was saved? Also, make sure there aren't any other mods affecting those items (I know DyTech changes the stack size from 50 to 200) you should see a yellow base->mod_name note when hovering over the item if they were changed by any mods (assuming you have any installed). A quick check would be starting a new world and seeing if it's working there. by the way, changing the base files directly may cause issues when updating Factorio (if you're lucky they'll just be overwritten, if unlucky you'll get crc check errors due to the change).
As it turns out I DO have DyTech, and copper ore specifically (my greatest bane! filling up over 10 different Extra Large Steel Chests) does have a yellow sentence saying DyTech-Core is modifying it. I have looked into DyTech-Core->item.lua and everything else with item in the name but i did not find copper ore. Can you help me find it and smack the living daylights out of that stack_size? As long as there is no way to instantly transport stuff between chests my Ultimate DyTech Harvesters will not be able to mine without me personally emptying the chests they are mining into. Especially with over 500% speed bonus from aura towers.. :P

Edit: NEVERMIND! I've found it in Base-Edit. THANK YOU A LOT! The only thing I will need to edit is to turn sand max stack sizes into something closer resembling a million, then my life will be a thousand times easier.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

omegasrevenge wrote:As it turns out I DO have DyTech
Then the stack sizes are being changed in DyTech-Core\prototypes\base-edit\item.lua :)
omegasrevenge wrote:As long as there is no way to instantly transport stuff between chests
hm, if I remember correctly there was a mod that adds teleporting inserters/chests :) ah, found it: Telelogistics by darius456, there's also Teleporter Belts by ThaPear. Maybe one of those would be helpful

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

I've got another problem: I am looking for the stack size for gold. That ore is being used by F-Mod, bobores, bobplates, and Dytech-Metallurgy. I have checked all 4 including DyTech-Core, and all of them say stack_size either 64 or 200. But inside of my game the stack size is 264. What am I doing wrong?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

omegasrevenge wrote: I am looking for the stack size for gold.
Bob's Ores' will set the stack size of gold (and others) to 256 if it detects lava-600 (used by DyTech), in prototypes\overides.lua
edit: not sure about what's setting it to 264, let me get bob's plates and see there...
edit2: Not seeing anything for 264...maybe that was a typo? Bob's Plates also sets it to 256 btw

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

FreeER wrote:
omegasrevenge wrote: I am looking for the stack size for gold.
Bob's Ores' will set the stack size of gold (and others) to 256 if it detects lava-600 (used by DyTech), in prototypes\overides.lua
edit: not sure about what's setting it to 264, let me get bob's plates and see there...
edit2: Not seeing anything for 264...maybe that was a typo? Bob's Plates also sets it to 256 btw
Oh god yes! No more 50+ extra large steel chests next to my harvesters. I will try to find the stack_size for sand myself, even though I have been looking for it for over 5 Minutes now. Thank you that you exist. Thanks a lot! :D

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

If you want to do this, I'd recommend you make your own mini-mod, set DyTech (and any others) as a[n optional] prerequisite ("? Dytech > 1.0.0" or whatever), and include in your data.lua

data.raw.item["copper-ore"].stack_size = 50

and/or, you know, whatever. Editing the base prototype definitions is a messy idea, and could easily bite you later.
Like my mods? Check out another! Or see older, pre-0.12.0 mods.

Return to “Modding help”