Existing mod that provides per-train GUI?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Existing mod that provides per-train GUI?

Post by sparr »

I don't feel comfortable tackling complex UI tasks in Factorio yet. I want to add some functionality to train wait conditions. Is there any existing mod that adds a GUI for configuring anything per-train that I might either contribute my idea to or cannibalize for its UI functionality?

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Existing mod that provides per-train GUI?

Post by Narc »

I think FARL or Shuttle Train might be the closest to what you're looking for, but I don't know that either of them has per-train settings. Maybe the Fat Controller? I'm not entirely clear what you're looking for, but those have GUIs relating to trains.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

SmartTrains does mess around with trains and waiting conditions. But as i found out yesterday after trying to find a bug after not really touching it for 5 months: The code is a horrible mess, do NOT take it as anything other than a how-not-to. :roll:
(FatController and FARL's gui code is almost as bad)

Nexela does some rather nice looking code in his fork of Shuttle Train (don't know how the actual gui looks)
https://github.com/Nexela/Shuttle-Train/tree/2.0.0

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

Choumiko wrote:[...]after not really touching it for 5 months: The code is a horrible mess[...]
Pretty sure that's a normal feeling -- in those 5 months you've learned how to do it much better. I get the same feeling about EvoGUI and YARM, but I don't believe they're that bad.

Please forgive the off-topic.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Choumiko wrote:SmartTrains does mess around with trains and waiting conditions. But as i found out yesterday after trying to find a bug after not really touching it for 5 months: The code is a horrible mess, do NOT take it as anything other than a how-not-to. :roll:
(FatController and FARL's gui code is almost as bad)

Nexela does some rather nice looking code in his fork of Shuttle Train (don't know how the actual gui looks)
https://github.com/Nexela/Shuttle-Train/tree/2.0.0

Ohhhh thanks!

Actually had the GUI looking good before I ripped it out in favor of the map and keybinds :)

Return to “Modding help”