How to get "Expected resources" from a mining drill

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
can00336
Inserter
Inserter

How to get "Expected resources" from a mining drill

Post by can00336 »

Is there a way to get the "Expected resources" of the ore under a mining drill via the Lua API?
Attachments
Image59.png
Image59.png (174.23 KiB) Viewed 1689 times

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to get "Expected resources" from a mining drill

Post by daniel34 »

Not directly, you will need to go over each tile in the drill area and add it up yourself.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

can00336
Inserter
Inserter

Post by can00336 »

daniel34 wrote:Not directly, you will need to go over each tile in the drill area and add it up yourself.
I feared that was the case; I couldn't find anything in the API when I perused it. Thank you for the confirmation.

Do you know of a UPS-friendly way to do so? Or is it best to do the usual chunk-by-chunk surface search to find the drills, then another small surface search for the ore tiles?

Thanks!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

can00336 wrote:
daniel34 wrote:Not directly, you will need to go over each tile in the drill area and add it up yourself.
I feared that was the case; I couldn't find anything in the API when I perused it. Thank you for the confirmation.

Do you know of a UPS-friendly way to do so? Or is it best to do the usual chunk-by-chunk surface search to find the drills, then another small surface search for the ore tiles?

Thanks!
There is none. That's also how the game does it when you hover over the mining drill :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Modding help”