Contents of scroll-pane.style and progressbar.style

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Contents of scroll-pane.style and progressbar.style

Post by apriori »

Which properies of scroll-pane and progressbar can be changed in runtime (in control.lua)?
Where can I see the full list of its properties?
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Contents of scroll-pane.style and progressbar.style

Post by Klonan »

apriori wrote:Which properies of scroll-pane and progressbar can be changed in runtime (in control.lua)?
Where can I see the full list of its properties?

Here: http://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaStyle.html

While not specific to those element types, it will error if it can't accept the style, so just trial and error them

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Klonan wrote: While not specific to those element types, it will error if it can't accept the style, so just trial and error them
Thanks for the reply.
As I know, smooth_color and other_smooth_colors are specific for a progressbar, but using it in a script causes "doesn't contain key" error, so I have to define styles. Is it correct?
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Those progress bar color properties only exist in the prototypes (data.lua), not in the exposed GUI element objects you see in the game (control.lua).

As far as I know, only the properties listed here and here are available from control.lua, and some of them are specific to certain types of GUI element.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Articulating
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Articulating »

Regarding scroll-panes do you know if it would be possible for us to set a value on a scrollbar? Would be helpful when you want a default value of at the bottom instead of at the top.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

It's not possible, although there was some discussion a while back about adding ability to determine if an element is visible within a scroll panel, and also a method to make a panel scroll to show a specified element. Not sure if that's going to happen though.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Return to “Modding help”