Processing Inventory size not matching inserter?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
numerials
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Processing Inventory size not matching inserter?

Post by numerials »

I can't seem to figure out how to increase the size of an entity's inventory size. That is: I have a furnace with a crafting speed of 64, but inserters place items into it only until it's receiving inventory is at 4, then they stop. The time it takes even the stack inserter to swivel around, the smelter is done smelting.

How do I make it so inserters contiue to place into entity, and not stop at 4? is there some sort of global variable?

Inserters place items into chests without stopping, why do they stop on furnaces?

Any help is appreicated.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Processing Inventory size not matching inserter?

Post by daniel34 »

Moved from Mod Rules & Discuss this Board to Modding help.

The problem you've described can also happen without mods when using speed modules, I don't think there's currently a way around that except to use more inserters.

https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... ion_limits
Inserters will stop inserting items into certain buildings if they already have enough of that item. For example, if a boiler has 5 or more items of fuel in it, an inserter will not insert additional fuel. When the fuel drops below 5 items, the inserter will continue to insert more fuel, up to the limit of 5 items.
An inserter that takes items from an object containing stacks of items (such as a chest) can overfill the target building due to the Inserter item stack size bonus research. Overfilling can also happen if multiple inserters are used to insert items into one building.
See also:
Inserters start working too late [Not a bug]
Increase trigger point for inserting into machines [Ideas and Suggestions]
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Modding help”