Making changes to mods only come in effect in new save

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
luffe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Making changes to mods only come in effect in new save

Post by luffe »

So i made changes to a mod to make it compatible with another mod, but when i load up my save my changes are not there.
But when i start up completely new map/save the changes are there. Any help appreciated

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Making changes to mods only come in effect in new save

Post by Optera »

Should go to modding help.
Check if global variables are read and set correctly.
post or pm me your mod, maybe i can find something.

luffe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by luffe »

Optera wrote:Should go to modding help.
They are both mods from other people, namely bob's mods and 5dim.
So when i made those changes they werent apllied to the current save. But when i used in-game "update mods" feature i noted one of the mods that was updated and then proceeded to make some changes to that mod before loading up my save. When i loaded up my save the changes were applied. So it seems to me i have to trigger the game to know that a specific mod has been changed for it to apply those changes to my current saves...Honestly i have no idea and it all seems really weird to me but that is how it seems to work anyway

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

luffe wrote:
So when i made those changes they werent apllied to the current save. But when i used in-game "update mods" feature i noted one of the mods that was updated and then proceeded to make some changes to that mod before loading up my save. When i loaded up my save the changes were applied. So it seems to me i have to trigger the game to know that a specific mod has been changed for it to apply those changes to my current saves...Honestly i have no idea and it all seems really weird to me but that is how it seems to work anyway
When you make changes to mod you need to reset the save to new recipes. Normally recipes are stored in the save so only editing the mod and reloading won't help. When mod makers update they do migration files that will reset recipes in existing save thats why you see the results then.

Reset commands are:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
/c game.player.force.reset_technologies()

luffe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by luffe »

orzelek wrote:
luffe wrote:
When you make changes to mod you need to reset the save to new recipes. Normally recipes are stored in the save so only editing the mod and reloading won't help. When mod makers update they do migration files that will reset recipes in existing save thats why you see the results then.

Reset commands are:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
/c game.player.force.reset_technologies()
Just the commands i needed, thank you.

Return to “Modding help”