Image non transparent?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Image non transparent?

Post by midnight109 »

Ok, Since the new patch for the pollution stuff, I created a air filter, larger then I was planning on, but still ended up making everything diffrent then planed.
The issue is with a pure White BG on the png, it still draws the white. Looking at the images on the base and the code in the entities I dont see where to make it draw the images, without the white, I would like it all transparent where the white is.
Attached is the image,
AirFilter1.png
AirFilter1.png (2.27 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
And in the game shows up as
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (91.24 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
Other then that any suggestions on how much pollution it should take care of for its size for balancing ?
The current recipe is for 5 Steel, 10 Iron, 5 stone, and its a assembling machine with no inputs, consumming 900W base so since its always idel is pulling 30W from the grid

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Image non transparent?

Post by ficolas »

You cant use MS paint for transparencies, if you are used to spriting in ms paint, this can be annoying, I personally use photoshop, but only because I use it for other things, I think that paint.net haves transparency, also gimp, and you can just search it on google.

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nirahiel »

AirFilter1.png
AirFilter1.png (3.03 KiB) Viewed 3984 times
Here is your file ;)

EDIT : What is this blue-green part I just noticed ?
Is it meant to be part of the image ?
I think not. (Aka french spy from TF2 :P )

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

I'm not sure which power number the emissions/power formula uses, but if it's using the idle power, I'd say somewhere around -.5/1; If the maximum is used instead, then somewhere around -.02/1
Both these numbers will give you a need of about 1 Filter per 4 Miners, or 1 Filter per ~18 Furnaces.
Reasonable amounts without being too weak, or too strong, as far as how many you need in a given area.

Personally, I'd try and find a way to make it always use maximum power though (or make idle somewhere closer to 500W, adjusting the emissions to match,) as the Idle power is FAR too low for the ability it provides. It should be a reasonably expensive ongoing cost (in terms of power) to keep your factory and mines from attracting enemy attention.

Alternatively, you could keep it low cost and label it Peaceful Mode Machine :p
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by midnight109 »

Nirahiel wrote:
AirFilter1.png
Here is your file ;)

EDIT : What is this blue-green part I just noticed ?
Is it meant to be part of the image ?
I think not. (Aka french spy from TF2 :P )
Thanks :D So I guess its not using pixel replacements but a Alpha layer, have to install Gimp again >.> And no the Blueish isnt transparent, it is entended for later if i get better at 2d graphics >.> that would be the animiation area of blowing out the clean air or sucking in polution and blowing out clean, as I said in a few other areas I dont do 2D graphics or 3D I just animate 3D models >.> So this is a bit more out of my league lol.
Have a few models would like to put in here for some parts to the mods But dont know how to convert a 3D model to 2D image, and dont know how to texture/color a model >.>

As for the pollution aspect, I am looking for something they can build early without alot of penalties on power while still making it work.
I dont like trying to get a starter base going and all the sudden waves start comming in before I manage to get any turrents built <.<
At the same time dont want to be able to just freely built and make it a Peaceful mode either >.> Well will take a few trial runs on 500W idel see how much effort it takes to make it still work, but seems kinda high. 500W would more or less be a full Steam Generator at pretty much max but will see how much can run on say a 5steam/5boiler/1 airfilter

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

wow! first of all: i like the idea. 2nd: this thing looks awesome.
since im playing like "the bigger the better" , i have huge power consumption early on and therefore very high pollution :s since the patch that doenst work that good anymore.
your filter could be an interesting way of supporting huge factories.

a word to your steam engine/boiler setup:
1 steam eninge requires about 1,5 boilers -if im not mistaken- to work at max. power.
so 5/5 isnt that effective

Return to “Modding help”