How to make sure that when putting in the furnace, stack Size putting material was more than Stack Size result?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How to make sure that when putting in the furnace, stack Size putting material was more than Stack Size result?

Post by ..... »

How to make sure that when putting in the furnace, the Stack Size putting material was more than the Stack Size result?

Look like this img.

How can I place limits on the maximum amount of putting material or limit the amount of result?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to make sure that when putting in the furnace, stack Size putting material was more than Stack Size result?

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Output is determined by item stack size:
viewtopic.php?p=561655#p561655
Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:19 pm
Thanks for the report. Looking into this I don't think there's anything broken here. When the count in the output slot + the amount the recipe produces exceeds the stack size of the item it's counted as "output is full". In this case you simply need to remove the items from the output slot with an inserter.
Input limits can be controlled by this property on the individual recipes:
overload_multiplier
https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Rec ... multiplier

Note also, that once the output is full, inserters will not put more into the assembler, even if they haven't reached enough for the next craft cycle yet.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: How to make sure that when putting in the furnace, stack Size putting material was more than Stack Size result?

Post by ..... »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:47 pm
Output is determined by item stack size:
viewtopic.php?p=561655#p561655
It works, but I want the Stack Size of the result to differ from the Stack Size of the resource.

For example:

Code: Select all

data:extend
	({		
		{
			type = "item",
			name = "iron-ore",
			icon = "__base__/graphics/icons/iron-ore.png",
			icon_size = 64,
			icon_mipmaps = 4,
			pictures =
		{
			{ size = 64, filename = "__base__/graphics/icons/iron-ore.png",   scale = 0.25, mipmap_count = 4 },
			{ size = 64, filename = "__base__/graphics/icons/iron-ore-1.png", scale = 0.25, mipmap_count = 4 },
			{ size = 64, filename = "__base__/graphics/icons/iron-ore-2.png", scale = 0.25, mipmap_count = 4 },
			{ size = 64, filename = "__base__/graphics/icons/iron-ore-3.png", scale = 0.25, mipmap_count = 4 }
		},
			subgroup = "raw-resource",
			order = "e[iron-ore]",
			stack_size = 10
		}
	})
In this Lua code stack size of iron = is 10. The size of the stack during manual placement is equal to the entrance, and the stack size of the result is equal to the stack size of the result of smelting:

Code: Select all

data:extend
	({
		{
			type = "item",
			name = "iron-plate",
			icon = "__base__/graphics/icons/iron-plate.png",
			icon_size = 64, icon_mipmaps = 4,
			subgroup = "raw-material",
			order = "b[iron-plate]",
			stack_size = 25
		}
	})
Smelting result max = 25.
Loading max = 10

I want the entrance max to be different from the stack of the material itself for the entrance, and the output max was different from the stack of the resulting. 25 - inside the furnace 50, for example, and the output on the stack of material is 5, but in the furnace works up to 25.
FuryoftheStars wrote:
overload_multiplier

Note also, that once the output is full, inserters will not put more into the assembler, even if they haven't reached enough for the next craft cycle yet.
Not working.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

You can't have the output stack size max differ from the (result) item stack size. As that thread I linked and quote provided says, "When the count in the output slot + the amount the recipe produces exceeds the stack size of the item it's counted as "output is full"."
..... wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:02 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:
overload_multiplier

Not working.
Seems to work for me? Note also that if you're using an inserter that can pick up more than 1 item at a time, it won't force the inserter to only insert exactly what it needs.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Modding help”