How are fluid inputs/outputs assigned to fluid_connections?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Mountsom3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How are fluid inputs/outputs assigned to fluid_connections?

Post by Mountsom3 »

I'm working on a project to automate blueprint creation. For this, I need to differentiate between fluid networks and automatically connect them to the fluid connections of an assembler entity. Some mods use assembling machine entities with multiple input/output fluid connections.

I want to know how the input and output fluid resources of a recipe are distributed to the available fluid boxes of the corresponding entity. What logic is used or is it somewhere hardcoded?

Look at the example below: both recipes require 2 different fluids as ingredients but for the assembler on the left the fluid connections are always assigned "ABA" while the assembler on the right has them always assigned as "ABB".

Thanks in advance!

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How are fluid inputs/outputs assigned to fluid_connections?

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I believe this is controlled in the individual recipes.

Not at my computer, but I recall a new field was added to the recipes that allowed ordering (I think oil processing makes use of it).

Lacking that, it probably goes in order of how they’re laid out in the recipe.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Modding help”