Tree stages

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Tree stages

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I was wondering if anyone had more information about the tree stages, tree_stage_index, tree_gray_stage_index, and their relevant max properties.

I've gathered that tree_stage_index is based on the leaves & trunk sprites. Supposed to be the "health" of the tree? But what are the gray stages? Is there a relationship between the two? Is a tree considered "dead" only when it reaches max tree_stage_index, or when both that and the gray stage reach max?

Also, how are these determined? Working on revising a sapling mod (the saplings just being trees with less health and different sprites), I've noticed in heavily polluted areas (tested from 150 to over 2000 pollution units) the saplings, when spawned, will start already "damaged" (tree_stage_index > 1), as well as a random gray stage index, but then for the life of the sapling (currently 14-21 minutes), it never changes from this. Why?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Tree stages

Post by FuryoftheStars »

No answers on this one yet, either, huh?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Modding help”