How to group entities visibly for the user that survives blueprinting?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

How to group entities visibly for the user that survives blueprinting?

Post by mrvn »

I'm working on a train related mod. One feature is to combine multiple train stops into a single train station. This could be just 2 train stops on opposite sides of the rails for a double headed station. Or it could be a smelter with 4 unloading bays that should be considered one station.

So I'm looking for some way to select train stops and mark them as forming a single train station. This should be easy for the user and should be easily visible in the game. The other thing is that if one takes a blueprint of the station and places it somewhere else it should form a single station again.

When I saw that blueprints now include the copper wires I had the idea to connect all train stops in a station with copper wire (adding a hidden power pole). But then it connects to every other power pole within reach automatically making all stops form a single station unless the player cuts all the wires manually. And if I set the wire reach < 1 then I can't connect them with copper wire anymore.

Can anyone think of something better than drawing my own wire connection with LuaRendering and storing the connectivity as blueprint tags? And some way to mimic the way copper/red/green wires can be used to connect entities? That interface is rather intuitive.

Return to “Modding help”