Electric Network without visible wire

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
SilentStorm
Inserter
Inserter

Electric Network without visible wire

Post by SilentStorm »

I would like an entity to have electric network transport properties (similar to power poles) but without visible copper wire connections.
Currently I spawn a custom electric pole to get connectivity to the electric network. However as the default wires have the curved drawing it's getting kind of ugly and you potentially don't see anything but wire mess.
Is there a way to have the electric network connectivity / transport properties of electric poles without having a copper wire connection?
If that is not possible can I somehow specify that the copper wires for my custom pole are not to be drawn at all or at least drawn as a straight line without the curvature?

I know there is a mod out there that allows you to make all copper wire disappear, but I would only like to have that for my own entity (for visual cleanliness purposes), so just changing the texture of copper wire is not an option.

meifray
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Electric Network without visible wire

Post by meifray »

I think short answer is "no",
but I recently acknowledge something from honktown,
it is wire can connect across surfaces,if I guess right,maybe the wire across surface wont be draw?

so long answer here is "idk",but you can still wait for bit,and someone with more experience might just help you.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

SilentStorm wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:17 pm
I would like an entity to have electric network transport properties (similar to power poles) but without visible copper wire connections.
Currently I spawn a custom electric pole to get connectivity to the electric network. However as the default wires have the curved drawing it's getting kind of ugly and you potentially don't see anything but wire mess.
Is there a way to have the electric network connectivity / transport properties of electric poles without having a copper wire connection?
If that is not possible can I somehow specify that the copper wires for my custom pole are not to be drawn at all or at least drawn as a straight line without the curvature?

I know there is a mod out there that allows you to make all copper wire disappear, but I would only like to have that for my own entity (for visual cleanliness purposes), so just changing the texture of copper wire is not an option.
https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Ele ... pper_wires
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

meifray
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by meifray »

Xorimuth wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:02 pm
SilentStorm wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:17 pm

https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Ele ... pper_wires
oh,gizz,I totally forgot that,thx for reminding

SilentStorm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SilentStorm »

Return to “Modding help”