Blender rendering help

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Blender rendering help

Post by MnHebi »

So, I was playing Pyanodon's mods today, 6 hours into a game, and biters are starting to take a interest in me from multiple directions, and I haven't researched techs that allow me to make Turrets yet...so I figured, why not make a tier 0 Sentry Gun mod. Problem is I can't even render the model. First try it was too small, you couldn't make anything out. Okay, I scaled it up, now the render animation is a incoherent mess for both the base(parts of the model seem to either disappear or deform in certain frames), and the turret(it is just one shadow blob).

Anybody more experienced with Blender that can help me out? I used the tutorial scene, and simply imported my model parts into it, and set up empty as parent so they rotate.
Attachments
sentry.zip
(364.25 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Blender rendering help

Post by MnHebi »

Well, I made a little progress on the gun by moving the camera so it is better centered. But the base refuses to cooperate. I've tried altering camera clipping, position of camera. With higher lower clip value, it just disappears altogether. Still get corruption even when I move camera so the base is better centered.
Attachments
0040.png
0040.png (5.28 KiB) Viewed 2045 times
0002.png
0002.png (3.65 KiB) Viewed 2045 times

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

How you find this one?
Attachments
df_sentry_01.7z
(692.86 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
best_spritesheet_8x8.png
best_spritesheet_8x8.png (136.27 KiB) Viewed 2017 times

MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MnHebi »

It looks most impressive. I did do some changes to the model while I was waiting on help(visible on those renders I posted, enlarged the detail pieces & the gun), and looking at that render I clearly need to add some detail to the right side of the sentry gun, looks too empty.

Thank you very much for help, and if you want to continue, I would be most honored to receive it.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

See also my turret mods: Cannon Alpha and Turret Alpha

MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MnHebi »

I think I finally figured out how to properly input new versions into the blend you provided. :oops: :mrgreen:
Attachments
best_spritesheet_8x8-0.png
best_spritesheet_8x8-0.png (1.94 MiB) Viewed 1979 times

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Here viewtopic.php?f=70&t=30591#p250171 zou can find png optimization tool for low-weight sprite sheets.

Return to “Modding help”