make underground pipes of different tiers not connect?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

make underground pipes of different tiers not connect?

Post by ownlyme »

hi,
is it possible to make underground pipes of different types not connect to each other, like the belts do?
thank you :)
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: make underground pipes of different tiers not connect?

Post by bobingabout »

Something interesting to note though is that you could make the input of a machine an underground pipe, how would you connect to that if you can only link like to like? :P

serious note though, this would be a nice change, I don't see why it should work one way for one type of entity, but a different way for another?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

the reason i wanted this is to make underground heat pipes, with some kind of visual feedback when building them (since you can make underground pipes 4-directional as seen in the https://mods.factorio.com/mod/underground-pipe-pack mod)
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I love it, why didn't I ever think to make something like that.

Though, if you have different types of pipe not able to connect, since the only difference between types of underground belt is entity name, that mod wouldn't work anymore as all those pipes would be considered to be different types.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:44 am
Though, if you have different types of pipe not able to connect, since the only difference between types of underground belt is entity name, that mod wouldn't work anymore as all those pipes would be considered to be different types.
It can be done with control: on pipe placing, all connections must be checked, if here was found wrong neighbor pipe, then replace this pipe with the one-tile-tank with less connection points.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

the reason to use underground pipes is the visualization on construction, and right now this it would be really silly...
i hope they add something in that direction, maybe a prototype flag like "connection_group" or so..
i guess i will just make my underground heatpipes connect to every other underground pipe, without limitations.

Return to “Modding help”