Supply area limit

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
zirty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Supply area limit

Post by zirty »

I noticed while trying to change the values of the wire distance/supply area that it has a limit of 64. The game will not load if it is above 64. Why is this?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Supply area limit

Post by orzelek »

It's for performance reason I think.
When people tried to do thousand or so and suddenly had strange performance issues :D

zirty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zirty »

What I would like to do is make a global power pole so that I don't need power lines. I don't think there would be performance issue being that many poles can make an equivalent supply area, but i'm not a coder so I don't know for sure.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

zirty wrote:What I would like to do is make a global power pole so that I don't need power lines. I don't think there would be performance issue being that many poles can make an equivalent supply area, but i'm not a coder so I don't know for sure.
So you need a substation with large supply area...

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

zirty wrote:What I would like to do is make a global power pole so that I don't need power lines. I don't think there would be performance issue being that many poles can make an equivalent supply area, but i'm not a coder so I don't know for sure.
You can't. And there would.
You could try spawning an invisible non-collision 32x32 supply area power pole in every chunk the player builds something in. But it won't work with multiple forces.

Return to “Modding help”